The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) offers a searchable full-text database of U.S. patents issued since January 1, 1976. Use the PTO search page to find many patents related to Drosophila. FlyBase also includes Drosophila patents in its references, but only the citation is available from FlyBase.
Report of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Working Group on Research Tools
Patents and Licenses of Particular Relevance to Drosophila Researchers
- United States Patent Number 4,670,388, Method of incorporating DNA into genome of Drosophila
- United States Patent Number 5,348,874, 5,840,865, 6,159,717, 6,469,228, Eukaryotic transposable element
- United States Patent Number 5,641,673, Cell ablation using trans-splicing ribozymes
- United States Patent Number 6,124,128, Long wavelength engineered fluorescent proteins
- United States Patent Application Number 20110111445, Peptide for determining actin structures in living cells
- United States Patent Number 8,697,359, CRISPR-Cas systems and methods for altering expression of gene products
- Any use of Exelixis, Inc. stocks for commercial research requires a separate use license. Please visit this page for licensing information.