The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) offers a searchable full-text database of U.S. patents issued since January 1, 1976. Use the PTO search page to find many patents related to Drosophila. FlyBase also includes Drosophila patents in its references, but only the citation is available from FlyBase.
Report of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Working Group on Research Tools
Patents and Licenses of Particular Relevance to Drosophila Researchers
- Transposable elements as transformation vectors (including P-element vectors)United States Patent Number 4,670,388, Method of incorporating DNA into genome of Drosophila
- Minos as a transformation vector
- piggyBac as a transformation vector
- GAL4/UASUnited States Patent Number 5,641,673, Cell ablation using trans-splicing ribozymes
- RFPUnited States Patent Number 6,124,128, Long wavelength engineered fluorescent proteins
- LifeActUnited States Patent Application Number 20110111445, Peptide for determining actin structures in living cells
- CRISPRUnited States Patent Number 8,697,359, CRISPR-Cas systems and methods for altering expression of gene products
- Any use of Exelixis, Inc. stocks for commercial research requires a separate use license. Please visit this page for licensing information.