Interstate Movement

Transporting transgenic Drosophila strains carrying sequences from plant pests between U.S. states requires an interstate movement permit from Biotechnology Regulatory Services.

How do I know if my construct carries sequences from a plant pest?

Because researchers wishing to import transgenic Drosophila carrying plant pest sequences from outside the U.S. must also apply for an Interstate Movement Permit, instructions for obtaining an interstate movement permit are presented at Applying for a permit to import flies carrying transgenic constructs with sequences from plant pests. The applications for import permits and interstate movement permits are nearly identical