Hawaiian Import Permits

Special laws exist to protect the indigenous flora and fauna of the Hawaiian islands. An import permit from the State of Hawaii Department of Agriculture is required to import flies from other U.S. states or from foreign countries. Most Hawaiian fly geneticists have an import permit which they can provide to you along with a shipping label. For shipments from outside the United States, both a USDA import permit and a Hawaiian import permit are required. A Hawaiian import permit application may be obtained here.